1. Do not, at any time, attempt to put your hand anywhere near the pig feeding area after you have just poured their food. Even if you think Gosh, that was a lot of food to give them at one time. I should just take a scoop back out. What you pour for the pigs is what they get. Any attempt to change that amount after it has already been offered will result in the pig biting you.
2. Baby goats may be little and cute, but it
3. There is a reason farmers have barn clothes and town clothes. The bigger the animals get, the more important this is. Never shall you wear your town clothes into the barn to just quick check on the animals. There is no such thing as a quick check on the animals, and it normally results in town clothes being sacrificed as barn clothes.
4. It is important that farmboys learn not every job on a farm can be completed with a skidloader, and jobs that do not require power machinery still need to be done. Even if the novelty of doing them has worn off and they have figured out it is actual work. Whining will commence. Farm moms will have to be stern. Words will be exchanged. Farm moms may need a glass of wine at the end of the day. Or maybe just a really good night of sleep.
5. I think I've learned more in the last four months than I learned in all of high school. I adore my farm life. :)