Sundays at this farmish place are reserved for Scribbles - short, random musings that collect while my mind has time to wander on this day of (supposed) rest. Enjoy, and feel free to add your own in the comments.
1. Farmboy Ooky has just informed me that when he and his female buddy are older, they are going to play fiddle and piano in the street to make money.
2. I wish him the best. I hope, however, that in his quest to be a street musician, he uses his own instruments.
3. You see, through the kindness of someone I hardly know, a mandolin arrived at my house this past week. Yes, a mandolin. For me. This is the bluegrass instrument I've wanted to learn to play for almost forever.
4. But have I been able to play the fabulous instrument yet? Nope. I just get to drool over it. Because someone else always has their paws on it. Someone who is about eight years old.
5. Mom! Mom! he says. I can't believe we have a mandolin! I keep telling him that it was my name that was on the shipping box that arrived on the doorstep, but he isn't hearing me.
6. But since he actually sounds really good when he plays the darn thing, I guess I'll have to let him play it. A little. If he's nice.