Sundays at this farmish place are reserved for Scribbles - short, random musings that collect while my mind has time to wander on this day of (supposed) rest. Enjoy, and feel free to add your own in the comments.
1. Pigs are unstoppable. Unless they've stopped. In that case, pigs are unmovable.
2. Last night about 10 pm, we found half our flock of chickens sleeping in the outside pig pen. I guess their playtime with the pigs had gotten late, and they didn't get the message when the pigs went in for the night.
3. We had to get the chickens back into the barn so Mr. Fox didn't snatch them up. We opened the pig door so the chickens could go back inside. When we opened the pig door...the pigs came out.
4. The pigs actually herded their chicken friends back inside. But all that hard work meant the pigs needed a nap. In the mud. And it didn't matter how hard I smacked their backside, they just. wouldn't. budge.
5. I want you to set this picture in your mind. I'm standing in the outside pig pen. Way after dark. Holding a flashlight. In my pajamas. Swearing and smacking my muddy pigs, trying to get them to go back in for the night.
It is ok if you laugh. There's probably something wrong with you if you don't. :)
Sidenote: I have tried explaining to the chickens that perhaps pigs
are not their safest choice in friends. The pig end of the barn might be
the wrong "side of the tracks" for those chickens to hang out on. But
like wayward children, they refuse to listen to their well-meaning mama.