Sundays at this farmish place are reserved for Scribbles - short, random musings that collect while my mind has time to wander on this day of (supposed) rest. Enjoy, and feel free to add your own in the comments.
1. I left for Thanksgiving dinner at my grandma's house in strappy, sandal-like heels. I'm not really a shoe person. In fact, I think my husband owns more shoes than me. But I'm telling you, these strappy sandal-like heels are cute.
2. I left for Thanksgiving dinner at my grandma's house and the weather was beeeeeautiful. Sunny. Warm. 60 degrees or thereabouts. It was lovely. I remember thinking Gosh, what an unseasonably nice Thanksgiving this is going to be.
3. But y'all know, I live in Minnesota. And there is some unwritten rule in Minnesota that states the weather can change just. like. that.
4. So on the way home from Thanksgiving dinner at my grandma's house six hours later, I cursed those strappy, sandal-like heels. Because it was no longer sunny. Or warm. The ground was covered with snow, the roads were icy, and it was cold. My little toes were so very cold.
5. Pistol Packin' Papa teased me about my shoe choice. I was not too bitter, however, because he informed me that if we would have slid off the road into the ditch after swerving to miss those four deer on the ice...he would have given me gloves to put over my feet. And he might have even carried me if we had to walk. Yeah. So take that, strappy sandal-like heels.