Sundays at this farmish place are reserved for Scribbles - short, random musings that collect while my mind has time to wander on this day of (supposed) rest. Enjoy, and feel free to add your own in the comments.
1. There's this thing that always happens for me the week between Christmas and New Years. I sit down and think really hard about Life: Where its been. Where it is now. Where its going. What I'm screwing up. What I've accomplished. What I should be doing instead.
2. Is it like that for you, too? Journaling and planning and organizing? Figuring out the best way to word a resolution so you can be let down easy when you pull out a big fat giant f-a-i-l for all those great plans by January 3rd? When you don't drink enough water (again) and you put away far too many glasses of wine (hiccup) and you forget you weren't going to check Facebook more than twice a day (oops) and this was going to be year you figured out how to crochet baling twine into welcome mats (yeah. ok.)...
3. Is it just me who does this? Me who promises I'm going to give more smiley and patient attention to every last thing my man-children do but then catch myself rolling my eyes when they want to talk about Minecraft or the screen size on their Nintendo 3DS XL or which app they want to add to their Kindle Fires? Wasn't I going to smile and nod and pretend I knew what they were talking about? Wasn't 2013 going to be the year for that?
4. Tell me you do this, too. Tell me that you have only the greatest of intentions. Tell me that for you, the coming year is always going to be the better year, the year you're going to do it - whatever it is. Yep. This is the year. The year for perfectly counted calories built from all organic everything. The year the sweater gets knitted. The year the coop gets built. The year the kitchen gets redone. The year you drop a size, gain a new attitude, finish your first half marathon and blog everyday like you're on fire. Go ahead and tell me all about your intentions.
5. And then...take a breath...and realize you're human. And understand that if you don't get to cross off one stinkin' resolution or follow through on any of your fabulously intended plans of attack, you're still pretty darn awesome. And Life will go on. Here's to another year of being human. Here's to another blessed year of being You. :)