Sundays at this farmish place are reserved for Scribbles - short, random musings that collect while my mind has time to wander on this day of (supposed) rest. Enjoy, and feel free to add your own in the comments.
1. Today I give you random thoughts from Clucky Dickens Farm. Thoughts such as: nighttime hikes of one mile in windchills of -22 at Cub Scout Winter Camp are pretty darn awesome. :)
2. Not all dogs sleep curled up in a ball at the end of the bed. Right now I'm thinking of one in particular named Cash who insists on sleeping on his back, legs pointed up to the ceiling, between Farm Man Extraordinaire and me.
3. Being an involved parent can be painful. Especially when it causes you to say things like "Sure, Farmboys! I would love to go snow tubing down this icy hill where we will go no less than 117 miles an hour...all afternoon. It will be awesome!"
4. Some people think it's nice to have kids who use their brains. And it probably is. Except when they take you to family court (held at the dining room table) to dispute parts of a reward system you had set up for them successfully completing their daily math assignments. When your kid takes you to court over "unclear language in a faulty contract" you wrote...and wins...oh my.
5. My second book is due to my editor in about 24 hours. So why am I sitting here blogging when I should be putting those last tweaks on the novella? It could either be: a) I'm tired of looking at that manuscript. b) I'm a huge procrastinator. c) I like how waiting until the last minute makes me feel as though I'm living on the edge. d) I really like hanging out with you guys.
5 1/2. It's probably a combination of all those choices....but mostly letter d. :)